Thursday, April 12, 2012

Top knot baby hat and matching onesie

Well, now that I've got a baby in the house again, a lot of my crafts and projects might reflect that...
so here we go!

I have quite a few friends/family having baby girls soon and have been wanting to make something for them.  I was at a cute boutique last week that sold every baby item you can imagine, and saw these hats there.  For $12 each!  I immediately knew I had to try to make them.  When I got home I found a free tutorial and pattern online (at Prudent Baby), grabbed a couple DownEast shirts that I never wear because I don't love the colors on me, and got to work.

IMG_5270
And they proved to be as easy as they look!  I decided to make a matching onesie by sewing a flower on that I made with the same material.  I cut out 4 circles, folded them in half, overlapped them, then sewed a button in the center.  (Try to forget the fact that I don't have any girl models around here... sorry Will!) 

IMG_5277

Homemade (and very inexpensive!) gifts all ready to go.

IMG_5293

3 comments:

  1. The baby looking so sweet. This cloths is so cute and simple to make which you put on button is really fabulous. I think this is best gift for my niece.


    baby hats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I am surprised with your talent, any one can not believe that it is all made in home. All is look like expensive but it is inexpensive. Really this is great matching pair with baby hats.

    hats for baby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...